- Cycling. Visit the Wester Ross website for ideas
- Sailing at Gairloch Boat Club
- Golf at Gairloch Golf Club, a scenic 9-hole courses running along Gairloch Beach
- Horse riding at Gairloch Trekking Centre
- Swimming at Gairloch Leisure Centre
- Swimming at Poolewe Swimming Pool
- Canoeing on Loch Ewe
- Abseiling at Rua Reidh Lighthouse
- Fly Fishing
- Sea Fishing Cruise
- Take a Shellfish Safari
- Hebridean Whale Cruises
- Trout Fishing
- Deer stalking
- General Fishing in Gairloch
- Go on a Sealife Glass Bottom Boat Cruise
Local BeachesThere are some of the most magnificent beaches you can find anywhere - at Gairloch, Big Sand and at Red Point where the recent Billy Connolly and David Tennant film What We Did on Our Holiday was filmed. Boat hire is available and there are wildlife cruises.
Local CultureWhilst here, you can also visit:
- The world-famous Inverewe Gardens with its sub tropical plants
- The Beinne Eighe National Nature Reserve
- The local Gairloch Heritage Museum
- A variety of other excellent museums and Art & Craft Galleries
- One of the interesting historical or geological sites
- You can drive the North Coast 500 Route
- For more ideas, look at the local Tourist information website.
In The NewsA couple of recent articles from the national press:
- A road to nowhere and the best beach in the world: Why my family keeps returning to Wester Ross - The Daily Telegraph
- I would drive 500 miles: Scotland’s new North Coast 500 route - The Guardian
Local WalksThere is magnificent climbing and there are many wonderful mountain and coastal walks throughout the area.
Beinne Eighe, Slioch and Beinne Alligan are sites of five of the many munros in the area. A local walk up the Flowerdale valley to the waterfalls is also a must.
See Walk The Highlands for details of possible routes.